By Maryann Lawrence, Startup Rep, Direct Incorporation
Over the next few weeks we will be reviewing the process for incorporating a business in the most popular states, starting today with incorporating a business in California.
How much time does it take to incorporate in California?
You have two options when incorporating your business in California. The first is the standard route, which takes 10 to 12 weeks to complete. Your other choice is to pay a $65 expedite fee and speed up the process to four to six weeks.
How much does it cost to incorporate in California?
The state fee to form an S-Corp or C-Corp in California is $100, while the LLC state fee is $70. Once your company has been incorporated in California, you will pay an annual franchise tax of $800. In addition, you will need to pay a filing fee of $25 each year.
About Direct Incorporation’s California incorporation services.
Direct Incorporation offers three packages to assist you with incorporating in California.
1. Our Standard Package costs $149 and includes the following services:
* Articles of Incorporation Completion. The preparation and completion of your company’s Articles of Incorporation (the primary document used to incorporate a business), based on the unique needs of your particular company and the requirements of the specific state.
* Preliminary Name Check. Audit of supplied information to ensure compliance with state formation requirements, including your company name choice.
* Real-Time Online Access to Client Resource Center. Check the progress of your order; download copies of relevant incorporation documents.
* Prompt Shipment. Order confirmation and documents will be promptly delivered to your office.
* Notice Documents. Documents sent to you, alerting you to the post-incorporation requirements of your state.
* Obtain Your EIN. (Employer Identification Number) Employer Identification Number obtained upon request (at no additional cost).
* Filing of State Franchise Tax. (if required by state at filing of Articles)
* S-Corporation Assistance. (For S-Corp Clients) Preparation and partial completion of S-Corp election form (2553).
2. Our Premier Package costs $317 and includes the above, plus:
* Boxed Corporate Records Binder. Customized with your company’s name in gold lettering.
* 20 Stock Certificates. Customized with your company’s name.
* Stock Transfer Ledger. Bound in booklet form, which includes 8 pages ruled and printed on ledgerstock.
* Corporate Bylaws. (For Corporations) Can be adopted by your company or altered to fit your company’s needs before adoption.
* Operating Agreement. (For LLCs) Can be adopted by your company or altered to fit your company’s needs before adoption.
* Embossed Corporate or LLC Seal. Custom manufactured with your corporate name.
* Corporate Suite. Provided in convenient e-book format on CD Rom. Legal and practical resources for the new business containing documents, tools, and reference handbooks.
3. Our Venture Package costs $773 and includes the above, plus:
* 3 months of the Business Compliance Program
* Trademark Protection
* Website + Email
* Logo Design
Learn more about incorporating a business in California.
Do you have questions about incorporating a business in California? Please leave a comment below and I will try to answer them. Thanks! – Maryann